During the COVID-19 pandemic, Dr. Kuttler is conducting both in-person and remote testing. In- person testing is conducted with masks, a plexiglass screen divider, six feet apart, and two air purifiers. Remote/virtual testing may be available depending on the age and reason for testing.
Welcome to the Offices of Ami Flam-Kuttler, Ph.D. – Psychologist
Dr. Kuttler personally administers and scores the tests, interprets the results, writes the reports, and meets with families to discuss the results.
She also meets with schools to ensure that students receive the attention, accommodations, and supports necessary to maximize their potential for success.
Psychological evaluations provide a variety of important information including:
- Diagnostic information (e.g., Does my child have a learning disability or ADHD?)
- Determining whether a child is achieving at an appropriate level
- Assessing whether a child is working too hard for his or her grades
- Recent documentation of learning difficulties and the need for accommodations during standardized testing (e.g., FCAT, SAT)
- Identification of learning style, including cognitive strengths and weaknesses
- Recommendations for treatment and intervention including the need for:
– Alternative educational strategies
– Special academic placement and/or remediation
– Accommodations for exams (e.g., Extra time, use of computer, additional breaks)
– Speech/language, occupational, or physical therapy
– Individual and/or family counseling
– Behavior management